All the top stories and transfer rumours from Friday’s newspapers…
Real Madrid no longer ready to sign new players
Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti: “We will not complete any other signings. We are happy with the squad we have at the moment, we are strong”.
Because of the adequacy of Real Madrid’s personnel and the level of players, there is no need for the club to add new players.
Barca has told Francky de Jong that he must leave the club this summer.
Barca have told Francke de Jong that he needs to leave the club on a transfer this summer, reports claim. The Dutch midfielder has received an offer from Manchester United to land in the Premier League, but he has decided that he does not want to leave at the moment. And Barca have agreed in principle with United on a €70 million fixed + plus floating transfer fee up to €80 million plus, an offer that meets Barca’s revenue requirements and allows Barca to be saved.
If Francke de Jong leaves, it would free up €30-35 million in salary space for Barca, which would allow them to complete the registration for new and renewed players. As such, Mundo Deportivo understands that Barça have today officially told Francke de Jong to join Manchester United
Italian international Bernardeschi is set to join USL side Toronto FC.
According to a report by leading Italian journalist Romano, Italian international Bernardeschi is on the verge of joining USL side Toronto FC.
According to Romano, Bernardeschi has reached a full verbal agreement with Toronto FC and is now awaiting the official signing of his contract, with the former attacker due to fly in to Toronto on Friday local time.
With this, Bernardeschi will also become the third Italian star to be signed by Toronto FC this summer, following Insigne and Criscito.
Rooney pushes to bring Lingard to MLS
D.C. United and Wayne Rooney are indeed in talks with Jesse Lingard and his representatives over a possible move to D.C.
Other clubs in the Premier League and abroad are interested in him. For Manchester United, that would be a big number.
Liverpool’s Andy Robertson feels patient with £85m summer signing Darwin Nunez
On what it’s like to train with Darwin Nunez and if he’s done anything to stand out so far ……
Comments Off on He’s high! It hasn’t been too long since we came back into the team, but we have to let him get used to it first. He’s looking good in training and the Brazilian gang and the other Portuguese-speaking people have helped him a lot. I haven’t had many conversations with him yet, we just nod and smile at each other, but we’ll get to know each other. He’s a very good player, we’ve played against him before and he made it very difficult for our defenders in two games if he can put in a performance like that then he’ll be a very good player for us.
The team is obviously training a bit faster than everyone else’s at the moment because the Community Shield is coming up and we’ll be ready for that game. We haven’t had that long of a break, especially with the international players, but we’ve had enough time to tune up mentally and physically and everyone is feeling good physically. Now it’s just a matter of picking up the pace and I’m sure we’ll be ready for the first game of the season.
Fabregas will join Serie B side Como.
Fabregas, currently a free agent, will join Serie B side Como.Fabregas, 35, is a free agent after his contract with Monaco expired this summer and he made just five substitute appearances for Monaco last season.
Now, according to Di Marzio and Romano, Fabregas will play in Serie B in the new season and will join Como as a free agent. The two sides have already reached an agreement and the details will be finalised soon, with Fabregas signing a two-year contract with Como.
Newcastle United’s pursuit of two of their top transfer targets this summer – Alexander Isaac and Moussa Diaby – appears to be over as they have encountered more frustration in trying to negotiate fees, as well as their wage problems.
According to reports in Spain, Frenkie de Jong has refused to succumb to the intense pressure exerted on him by the Barcelona hierarchy and has refused to accept a move to Manchester United this summer.
Chelsea are no longer interested in signing Cristiano Ronaldo after talks between Thomas Tuchel and Todd Poli.
Djed Spence is expected to finalise his lengthy move from Middlesbrough to Tottenham on Friday for a fee thought to be around £12m.
Cristiano Ronaldo ‘breaks silence’ after failing to return to Manchester United training Ronaldo posted a picture of himself on social media wearing Manchester United shorts while working out in the gym.
Erling Haaland has revealed that he has received messages of support from former Manchester United boss and fellow Norwegian Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, despite signing for Manchester United rivals Manchester City.
Joe Cole believes Chelsea can get the “best of times” out of Raheem Sterling.
Barcelona ‘have a punishment plan’ if Frenkie de Jong rejects Manchester United move
Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly turned down a huge offer to play in Saudi Arabia for the next two years as the world’s highest-paid footballer.
The two Portuguese professionals appointed to work with the president of UEFA’s “independent review” have both worked for UEFA, raising further serious concerns about the independence of the review.
Everton boss Farhad Moshiri insists the club is ‘not for sale’ as he pledges to back Frank Lampard in the summer transfer window.
Brighton and Hove Albion are interested in signing Rangers defender Calvin Bass.
Ajax boss Alfred Schröder has reportedly left ‘charisma’ behind after a phone call as his interest in the Rangers defender grows. Reports on Wednesday claimed that both the L’Oreal champions and Premier League side Brighton were keeping tabs on the Nigerian international.
Coy Ange Postecoglou kept mum on rumours of Celtic interest in Czech striker Ladislav Almasi following Celtic’s win over Banik Ostrava on Wednesday night.