It was widely predicted that Erling Haaland would find himself subject to one of the most eagerly-awaited transfers in many years this summer and — barring any late and unforeseen hitches — it is thought an official announcement regarding his next destination is on the brink of being made.
Sources in Germany have told The Athletic that the prolific Norway striker’s proposed move from Borussia Dortmund to Manchester City is now a “done deal”, and should be confirmed this week.
Initial personal terms between the current Premier League leaders and Haaland were agreed last month after the 21-year-old gave his approval to the switch. That part of the matter is said to be complete.
Haaland, whose father played for City in the early 2000s, has scored 85 goals in 88 appearances since joining Dortmund in January 2020.
He has been heavily linked with a host of the world’s richest clubs, with Real Madrid seemingly the most interested party, but City appear to have beaten the competition for his signature.
Dortmund are looking to replace Haaland with RB Salzburg forward Karim Adeyemi, with sporting director in-waiting Sebastian Kehl saying on Sunday that talks are likely to progress this week.
The Athletic also report that Paul Pogba has rejected a switch across Manchester.
The midfielder is out of contract at Manchester United this summer and was linked with a move to City last week but the 29-year-old is said to prefer the terms offered by another unnamed club.